Fan Code of Conduct
The Winnipeg Football Club will strive to provide a fun, safe and fan focused game day experience for all Blue Bombers home games at IG Field. IG Field and The Winnipeg Football Club are committed to a safe and respectful stadium environment and game day experience that respects the rights of each fan, game day staff, along with the opposing team’s players and fans.
Please be courteous and respectful to those seated around you and refrain from behavior that interferes with others’ ability to enjoy the event.
All fans are expected to abide by the standards of behavior as outlined in our Fan Code of Conduct.
Fan Code of Conduct
We are confident that our fans lead the CFL in enthusiasm, support, hospitality and sportsmanship. Our image is shaped not only by our players, coaches and employees but by our fans as well. Our goal is to create a high-energy environment to lend support to our team while maintaining a positive and family-oriented atmosphere. To ensure that all fans have a pleasant and respectful game-day experience, each fan should act responsibly and be considerate of others. Unruly behavior will not be tolerated and, in some cases, may be deemed grounds for dismissal from the stadium. These cases include, but are not limited to:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature
- Actions that are harmful to or endanger others
- Interfering with the progress of the game or entering the field of play
- Throwing any object while in the stadium on the field
- Using abusive/vulgar language or profanity in close proximity to other patrons that may be objectionable
- Displaying inconsiderate behavior towards others
- Disorderly conduct
- Underage drinking
- Selling tickets or other merchandise on stadium property
- Unreasonably obstructing the view of other patrons
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment resulting in poor behavior
- Indecent exposure or the wearing of obscene or indecent clothing
- Smoking in non-designated areas
- Sitting or standing in the aisles
- Failure to follow instructions of stadium security personnel
- Entering the stadium with any prohibited items
- Harassment of visiting team fans or players
- Any other acts or behavior that in the judgment of stadium management poses a threat to other patrons or diminishes their enjoyment of the game
Each event patron is responsible for their conduct. Stadium staff will strive to maintain an atmosphere where all fans in attendance can enjoy the event free from the above behaviors. Event patrons in violation of these provisions may be subject to ejection, arrest and loss of ticket privileges for future events. Winnipeg Football Club management and security reserve the right to deem an act or exhibited behavior as inappropriate and take action, based on available information and circumstances.
Report Fan Misconduct
If the behavior of a fan or fans around you becomes disruptive or violates the Fan Code of Conduct, the incident should be reported to the nearest
usher, Stadium security or Winnipeg Police Service member. To report an incident anonymously during a Bomber game or event, call Fan Help Line at 204-788-HELP (4537) or text 204-330-4552
Patron Screening: Person and bag searches are conducted at major events held at IG Field to ensure the safety of all fans in attendance. Security wands are the primary screening device for searches along with bag searches. Winnipeg Football club security authorities may conduct manual searches if they identify anything deemed suspicious. The Winnipeg Football Club reserves the right to prohibit any additional items if the Club feels they inhibit patron comfort or safety.
There is a no-rentry policy after kick-off, so please ensure you bring all permitted items with you when you enter the stadium.
Prohibited items include:
- No outside food with the exception of a single serving snack;
- No outside beverages;
- No outside alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons (or items deemed hazardous by security), incendiary
- devices. Anyone found with any of these items entering the facility will be subject to eviction from the game and/or arrest;
- No flasks, ice bags, ice chests, coolers or picnic baskets;
- No laser pointers, Frisbees, balls, boom boxes, rollerblades, roller skates, skate boards, bats, hockey sticks or poles of any kind;
- No musical instruments, air horns, powered megaphones, boom boxes, pets, obscene/indecent signs or clothing;
- Cameras with attachable lenses larger than 6” in length.
Acceptable items include:
- Single serving snacks;
- Only small bags that can fit under a seat;
- Empty bottles (1 litre or smaller);
- Factory-sealed Water (1 litre or smaller);
- Baby strollers/umbrella strollers that can be folded and fit under a seat clear of aisle ways;
- Collapsible umbrellas that are less 18 inches in length. Umbrellas cannot be opened inside the stadium, or while sitting in the stands.
Stadium management reserves the right to approve all banners. Banners and flags may be prohibited due to space availability, interference with other fans, or message content.
For special exemptions for medical conditions or dietary considerations, please call 204-784-7448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, 24 hours before game time for a pass.
Smoking is only permitted in a designated area outside Gate 3 and Gate 4 at the north end of the stadium or in the tailgate at the plaza outside Gate 2. Smoking devices such as e-cigarettes are not permitted inside the stadium and may only be used in this designated smoking area.