Canadian Anti-Spam Policy (CASL)
Winnipeg Football Club
Canadian Anti-Spam Policy (CASL)
This policy applies to the Winnipeg Football Club (WFC) which operates the Winnipeg Blue Bombers football team and Valour FC football (soccer) club.
(Commercial Electronic Messages)
The Winnipeg Football Club is committed to compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (“CASL”). We take important steps to ensure our fans, customers and others who receive communications from us do not encounter spam. We only send commercial electronic messages (CEMs) in compliance with CASL. The Winnipeg Football Club ensures our internal policies and procedures address and adhere to CASL compliance.
When does The Winnipeg Football Club send commercial electronic messages?
The Winnipeg Football Club only sends CEMs in the following contexts:
- You have explicitly informed us that you would like to receive such messages (e.g. you have subscribed to our newsletters or club information bulletins);
- The Winnipeg Football Club is responding to a request for information from you;
- To communicate with you about your account, subscription, transaction or similar relationship with us;
- To provide information that you are entitled to receive about our products or services you have requested from us;
- A third party who you have an existing relationship with has referred us to you;
- You have an existing business relationship with The Winnipeg Football Club (such as a season ticket subscription or the purchase of a game day ticket) within the last 24 months;
- You have an existing non-business relationship with The Winnipeg Football Club (such as being a volunteer or partner at various events held by The Winnipeg Football Club) within the last 24 months;
- You are receiving the message in order for The Winnipeg Football Club to fulfill a legal obligation or enforce a pending or existing legal right.
How does The Winnipeg Football Club protect you from receiving spam?
CEMs sent, or caused to be sent, from The Winnipeg Football Club do not:
- Use or contain invalid or forged headers or non-existent domain names;
- Employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent or obscure the sender of the message, the point of origin or the transmission path for the message;
- Knowingly contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise knowingly contain false or misleading content;
- Use a third party’s Internet domain name, or relay from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party; or
What if I no longer want to receive messages from The Winnipeg Football Club?
In all cases, The Winnipeg Football Club’s CEMs provide you with the ability to unsubscribe or opt out of receiving our CEMs. When you unsubscribe using the links provided in our CEMs, your request will be processed as soon as possible, and no later than 10 business days after you send the unsubscribe request. There are only limited contexts in which you cannot request that The Winnipeg Football Club stop sending you messages, such as when we must communicate with you to enforce The Winnipeg Football Club legal rights or to inform you regarding important billing and/or account information.
Receipt of a CEM from The Winnipeg Football Club that seems to violate this policy
In the unlikely event that you receive any messages from The Winnipeg Football Club that may be considered spam, please contact us at email@example.com and the matter will be investigated.
We are committed to adhering to Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation and that you do not receive unwanted e-mails from our servers by the aforementioned criteria. Should you have any difficulty with unsubscribing from any future CEM or should you have any questions about The Winnipeg Football Club’s spam management strategies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 204-784-7448.