Scott Naujoks was a talented coach and leader, admired and respected by his athletes and the football community. He was known for his “treat everyone the same” approach to coaching but pushed his athletes hard and expected they give their best effort on the field. The key to his ability to motivate and inspire is that his players knew he genuinely cared about them.
Coaching football at the highest level was an ambition that fuelled Scott; his knowledge and technical skill came from years of playing football. He had an outstanding high school career then went on to play with the Winnipeg Rifles and for the Manitoba Bisons. He began his coaching career by giving back to his former high school, St. Pauls. In 2019, Scott became an assistant coach with the Bisons. During the fall of 2021, Scott dealt with serious health issues that resulted in his untimely passing.
The Winnipeg Football Club created the Scott Naujoks Football Coaching Scholarship in memory of Coach Naujoks. The goal of this award is to support athletes who are continuously improving their skills and knowledge and willing to put in the hard work necessary to perform at the highest level. This is the best way to honour Scott’s contribution to youth football in our community and continue his legacy of coaching.
Please review the criteria before submitting your application. The scholarship is open to:
- All athletes
- High school football or athletic students pursuing post secondary education (university, college, technical college)
- first to fourth (1st – 4th) year post-secondary students enrolled in student athletics or pursuing studies or a career in sports
- Emphasis will be on players who contribute to community through coaching with a preference to coaching football and volleyball. Applicants should currently be coaching football or another sport at the high school or community level or want to focus on coaching or developing their coaching skills
- Community oriented, leader with good performance on the field; continuously working hard to better their skills and knowledge
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the application form below to submit. Applications will open for a period of 4 weeks from July 1 – August 15th, 2022.
- You can apply or nominate an individual
- Athletes must be a resident of Manitoba at time of application, but may pursue post-secondary education in another jurisdiction
- Award will be presented at a Winnipeg Blue Bombers home game in August. The successful recipient must be in attendance to accept