Game Day Neighbourhood Parking Restrictions
Working in partnership, the Winnipeg Football Club, University of Manitoba, and City of Winnipeg have developed an Event Day Traffic Plan to help direct visitors to campus and alleviate some of the traffic congestion that is expected on major event days. The Event Day Traffic Plan will be in effect for all events that are expected to attract more than 15,000 people. Key points of the plan are as follows:
- Starting 90 minutes before the major event and up to 90 minutes after the event, access to the university campus is restricted;
- Access for U of M permit holders will only be permitted through King’s Drive;
- Parking in Winnipeg Football Club controlled parking lots will only be permitted for those in possession of game or event parking passes (can be pre-purchased or purchased on-site), with entry via University Crescent or Chancellor Matheson Road only;
- Dedicated bus access via University Crescent;
- To minimize disruption to the neighbourhood, parking is restricted in University Heights and Fort Richmond. Vehicles may be ticketed and/or towed if parked in these restricted areas;
- Neighbourhood residents who live in the restricted parking areas are able to obtain “stadium event zone permits” by contacting 311.
Click here to see the City of Winnipeg Stadium Event Permit Program information.