2023 SEASON TICKET EARLY BIRD CONTEST
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
- Sponsor. The 2023 Season Ticket Early Bird Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Winnipeg Football Club (the “Sponsor”) located at IG Field, 315 Chancellor Matheson Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba (the “Sponsor Address”).
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies and subsidiaries and member clubs, and the each of their prize suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household (whether related or not). By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on August 15, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. central time (“CT”) (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends on October 25, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted. There is one (1) draw for this Contest, with the draw (the “Draw”) to be held on October 26, 2022. To be eligible for the Draw, the Sponsor will have received your entry during the Contest Period.
- How to Enter
(a) How to Enter Without Purchase.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
During the Contest Period, you can earn one (1) entry into the Contest without making a purchase by writing a response to the question “Who is your favorite Blue Bombers player?”. Please mail your written response, along with your name, email address, telephone number and mailing address to the Sponsor as follows:
Winnipeg Football Club
IG Field, 315 Chancellor Matheson Road
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 1Z2
Attn: Community at Blue Bombers
RE: Season Ticket Early Bird Contest
Your entry will be entered into the Contest on the date that it is received by the Sponsor, provided it is within the Contest Period.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person using this method of entry.
(b) How to Enter with Purchase.
During the Contest Period, you will automatically earn one (1) entry into this Contest for each seat to the 2023 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Season Ticket Membership that you purchase or renew during the Contest Period. By way of example only, if you purchase five (5) seats to the 2023 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Season Ticket Membership, then you will earn five (5) entries to the Contest on the date of such purchase or renewal.
All eligible entries received during the Contest Period will be entered for the prizes draw until an entry is randomly selected for a prize.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- Contest Prizes.
For the Draw, there are a total of three (3) prizes available to be won as listed below. Prizes will be awarded by random selection at the Winnipeg Blue Bombers game at IG Field on October 28, 2022.
- One (1) trip for two (2) to the 2022 Grey Cup in Regina, Saskatchewan (Flight, hotel, and game ticket location to be determined by Sponsor) – Approximate Retail Value CAD $3,300;
- Two (2) 2023 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Season Tickets – Approximate Retail Value CAD $518 or actual value of a maximum of two the winner’s purchased season tickets;
- $500 Bomber Store GC – Approximate Retail Value CAD$500;
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering and/or participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable and have no cash value and cannot be convertible into cash. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced by the Sponsor. Prizes are provided “as is” without further warranty, representation, condition, or guarantee, express or implied, of any kind. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award. The actual value of the prizes described above depends on market conditions at time of fulfilment. Any difference between stated Approximate Retail Value and actual value of prize will not be awarded. All prize details not specified herein are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof.
The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any aspect of a Prize – including, but not limited to games. Neither the confirmed winners nor any other person or entity will be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event contemplated herein.
None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should his/her Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- A) Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question.
B) Attendance Requirement. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to be in attendance at the Winnipeg Blue Bombers game at IG Field October 28, 2022 and present for the awarding of Contest prizes by random selection.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation.
On October 26, 2022 at 10:00am CT at the Sponsor Address, the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrants”).
Selected Entrants will be notified within [one (1)] business days of the Awarded Date detailed in section 5, and will be contacted by e-mail or telephone call provided at the time of entry into the Contest or already on record with the Sponsor. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to ensure their name, e-mail address and telephone number are correct at the time of entry. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within [two (2))] business days following the Awarded Date. The Sponsor must receive a response from the Selected Entrant within two (2) days of the first notification attempt. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and time permitting, another entrant may be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries.
Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (the “Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor. If a Selected Entrant (i) cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of the first notification attempt by the Sponsor; (ii) does not correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; or (iii) does not sign and return the Winner Release; then their prize will be forfeited. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry or already on record with the Sponsor at the time of a purchase entry (Authorized Account Holder). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
- Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, member clubs, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, including, without limitation, any error, problem, accident, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest, in its sole discretion.
- Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, as applicable, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Manitoba, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned or licensed by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
© Winnipeg Football Club 2022. All Rights Reserved.