The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are looking for a qualified intern to join our Communications department for the season.
The internship will provide coaching and opportunity for hands-on experience with the world of professional sports communications in a way that will leave you incredibly prepared for any future job that might arise in the communications field.
What you’ll learn:
- The day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of a communications department during the CFL season
- Learn the essential role of the communications department in all aspects of organization including corporate partnerships, ticket sales, community outreach programs, and football operations
- How the overall messaging for a professional sports team is established, written and disseminated to media and the general public
- How to research, update and formulate statistical information for media including game notes, game stats and game day info
- How to complete necessary tasks for Blue Bomber home game days including credentialing process, press box setup and media hospitality efforts
- Observe interactions of the communications department with media, players and football operations officials at Blue Bomber practices
This internship runs from June to November 2017. The successful applicant must be available to be at Investors Group Field throughout training camp as well as the day before games and on home game days throughout the regular season. While presence at the stadium is only required two days a week throughout the season, the successful applicants must also be reachable through email to assist in game preparations throughout the week.
- Candidates MUST BE enrolled in college or university and receive credit for this position
- A background in communications or public relations
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of comfort and professionalism while having to interact with new people on a daily basis while representing the Winnipeg Football Club.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Investors Group Field
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.