Ticketing Operations Manager – Winnipeg Blue Bombers
We are searching for a highly motivated individual to manage all aspects of ticketing operations at the Winnipeg Football Club. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, motivated and organized with the ability to successfully manage all aspects of the Winnipeg Football Club ticketing operations. This includes CRM and database operations, and all back office functions related to ticketing from event creation to venue access, including vendor relationships, ticket sales, ticket fulfillment and revenue reporting.
What you will do:
- Oversee and manage all facets of season ticket renewals, including inventory management, invoicing accounts and seat relocations;
- Build and verify price codes for season and individual games;
- Execute all sales initiatives including special offer builds, price code management and reporting, and managing the ticket fulfillment process;
- Manage all ticket vouchering processes;
- Manage and operate the box office for all games and major events;
- Assist ticketing account executives with account inquiries;
- Interact and provide customers with answers to questions and resolve ticketing issues;
- Provide reporting to senior management regarding ticket sales, inventory, processes, and customer data;
- Develop and maintain files and reports on each event that consists of ticket sales, group sales, comp tickets and overall event audits;
- Manage and control budgeted revenues and expenses for areas of responsibility;
- Coordinate with Ticketmaster to assist in the creation of event and events ticket on-sale launches;
- Interact with marketing to help develop and maximize ticket sales strategies through lead generation, reporting and data analytics;
- Manage CRM database including prospect lists. Ensure data is accurate and detailed and provide sales activity reporting as needed;
- Collaborate with senior management on developing and executing successful outbound sales campaigns for ticketing account executives through CRM, helping to build lead lists, identifying target prospects/demographics, track progress and sales activities;
- Post-secondary education in a business or technology program preferred, or equivalent experience in a related field;
- Strong computer proficiency including Excel, database and CRM systems (Salesforce.com experience preferred);
- You are a team player, detail oriented, able to deliver accurate work within tight deadlines; understanding that you will work evenings/weekends based on team schedule and events;
- Significant ticketing experience in the sports and entertainment industry is preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and time management skills;
- You are self-directed and able to work independently, and have the willingness to learn in a fast paced environment.
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are looking for a qualified intern to join our Communications department for the season.
The internship will provide coaching and opportunity for hands-on experience with the world of professional sports communications in a way that will leave you incredibly prepared for any future job that might arise in the communications field.
What you’ll learn:
- The day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of a communications department during the CFL season
- Learn the essential role of the communications department in all aspects of organization including corporate partnerships, ticket sales, community outreach programs, and football operations
- How the overall messaging for a professional sports team is established, written and disseminated to media and the general public
- How to research, update and formulate statistical information for media including game notes, game stats and game day info
- How to complete necessary tasks for Blue Bomber home game days including credentialing process, press box setup and media hospitality efforts
- Observe interactions of the communications department with media, players and football operations officials at Blue Bomber practices
This internship runs from June to November 2017. The successful applicant must be available to be at Investors Group Field throughout training camp as well as the day before games and on home game days throughout the regular season. While presence at the stadium is only required two days a week throughout the season, the successful applicants must also be reachable through email to assist in game preparations throughout the week.
- Candidates MUST BE enrolled in college or university and receive credit for this position
- A background in communications or public relations
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of comfort and professionalism while having to interact with new people on a daily basis while representing the Winnipeg Football Club.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Investors Group Field
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.